This content has restricted access, please type the password below and get access.
The Club’s charitable donations in the year to 31 March 2020 totalled £9300 – a record for the last 5 years. Notably, we supported the Conquest Hospital Critical Care Unit and the League of Friends with funds intended for the benefit of front-line staff during the coronavirus pandemic. Battle Food Bank was also a beneficiary as we recognised that the lockdown would impact on people’s income and consequently on their ability to provide for their families in the usual way. Further help for these worthy beneficiaries has continued in the new financial year with effect from 1 April 2020.
Battle Community also benefited from our support for:
- the installation of a new petanque pitch in the Recreation Ground
- the upgrading of the audio-visual system in the Memorial Hall
- The Battle Festival, which included introducing primary school children to classical music
- Run-on-the-Rec, an event organised for local children by Leo Cacciatore to encourage participation in sport
- A local judo club that encourages the participation of youngsters with physical and learning difficulties
The beneficiaries of many other donations included:
- Battle Bonfire Society
- A local village play school
- The Snowflake Trust for the homeless
- A project at the Conquest Hospital relating to mental health
- The Dragonflies Project which helps bereaved children